On-site registration hours
- Prior to the session Friday, 26 February: 9.30 a.m.-12.30 p.m.; 2-4.30 p.m.
- Saturday, 27 February: 9.30 a.m.-12.30 p.m.; 2-5.00 p.m.
- Sunday, 28 February: 10.00 a.m. – 14.00 p.m.
- First week Monday, 1 March: 8 a.m.-12.30 p.m.; 2-4.30 p.m.
- Tuesday, 2 March: 9 a.m.-12.30 p.m.; 2-4.30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 3 March: 9 a.m.-12.30 p.m.; 2-4.30 p.m.
- Thursday 4, March: 9 a.m.-12.30 p.m.; 2-4.30 p.m.
- Friday, 5 March: 9 a.m.-12.30 p.m.
- Second week Monday, 8 March: 8 a.m.-12.30 p.m.; 2-4.00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9 March: 9 a.m.-12.30 p.m.; 2-4.00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10 March: 9 a.m.-12.30 p.m.; 2-4.00 p.m.
- Thursday, 11 March: 9 a.m.-12.30 p.m.; 2-4.00 p.m.
- Friday, 12 March: 9 a.m.-12.30 p.m.
Obtaining a grounds pass (badge with photo)
Enter at the visitor’s entrance at 1st Avenue and 46th Street.
Go to the DAW NGO registration desk located in the lobby of the General Assembly Building.
Present to staff:
- the official CSW confirmation letter that you obtained through the online pre-registration system
- an official ID with photo (passport)
CSW 54 is opening in Conference Room 1 in the UN old building. The Conference Room Balcony is available for NGO. There is an overflow room with webcast in Conference Room 2. Webcast facilities will also be available at the Salvation Army on 14th Street
The commemorative event on Tuesday March 2nd and International Women’s Day Celebration March 3rd will be webcast. Entry will be on a first come first serve basis. No special tags are required for these events in conference room 1
2 Panel events in the second week will also be webcast.
Because of the change to Conference Room 1 some space will be available – tables will be available in the hallways for informational material.
Parallel events sponsored by missions will be in the UN TNLB in Conference Rooms C, 6, 7, B and E. The list of these events is on the DAW Website. Access to these event can only be had by having a special events tag. This may be obtained from the mission sponsoring the event. DAW may have some of these special events tags for distribution. If so they will be at the DAW information desk in the GA Lobby. It is uncertain how many (max capacity is 100 and some of the conference rooms are 75) It was suggested that if you wanted a special events tag you might contact members of the third committee at the particular mission. DAW offices are in DC2 building.
The morning briefing will be at the Salvation Army on 52nd Street between 2nd and 3rd. It is unlikely that the Bureau will attend the briefings. Eleanor solo will be the liaison Time 8.45 – 9.30
The Documents room will be in the Church Center on the 8th floor.