Join us for another great day of girl-focused events at CSW 58! The following events are scheduled for Wednesday, 12 March 2014.
- The World We Want for Girls: From the MDGs to Post-2015 Sponsored by the World Association for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts & UN Millennium Campaign, 3 UN Plaza – UNICEF House, Danny Kaye Visitor’s Center, 10:30AM – 12:00PM
- Girls Talk about the MDGs: Gaps, Successes and Plans to Move Forward Sponsored by Government of Canada and WGG, Turkish Center (1st Ave. and 46th St.) 1:00PM – 3:00PM
- Half the Sky is not enough! Propelling Women and Girls Upward Sponsored by Armenian Relief Society, International Council of Jewish Women, and Soroptimist International, UN Church Center Chapel, 2:30PM – 4:00PM
- Asian Girls Changing their World Sponsored by Pan Pacific Southeast Asia Women’s Association, Salvation Army Auditorium, 2:30PM – 4:00PM
- Human Trafficking, Not Decent Work Sponsored by the NGO Committee to Stop Trafficking in Persons with performance by Girl Be Heard, Salvation Army Auditorium, 4:30PM – 6:00PM
Join us for another great day of girl-focused events at CSW 58! The following events are scheduled for Tuesday, 11 March 2014.
- Girls Political Empowerment Sponsored by Girls Learn International and WGG, Salvation Army Auditorium, 10:30AM – 12:00PM
- Girls Advocacy Roundtable Sponsored by Government of Canada and WGG, Attendance by invitation only
- Women Leaders in Business & Politics: Making THE Difference! Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of the United States, Pan Pacific Southeast Asia Women’s Association, and International Federation of Business & Professional Women, Salvation Army Auditorium, 2:30PM – 4:00PM
- Women in Community Colleges: Access to Success in STEM Sponsored by American Association of University Women, UN Church Center 2nd Floor, 4:30PM – 6:00PM
Join us for the following girl-centered events on Monday, 10 March 2014
- Generation STEM: What do girls say about science, technology, engineering and math? Sponsored by the Girl Scouts of the USA and WGG, Salvation Army Auditorium 10:30AM – 12:00PM
- Girls Caucus Sponsored by the WGG, Salvation Army Auditorium 12:30PM-2PM
- How to End Child Early and Forced Marriage ECOSOC Chamber 3:00PM – 5:00PM
- Walking on the Edge of Change: The Path Towards MDG Achievement for Girls Sponsored by the Grail and WGG, Salvation Army Auditorium 4:30PM-6:00PM
- Conversation Circles: Women and Girls Sponsored by Anglican Women’s Consultative Council and WGG, UN Church Center 2nd Floor 6:15PM – 7:45PM
The Working Group on Girls is thrilled to host our 6th Annual CSW Teen Orientation!
Today, 9 March 2014, we welcome over 200 girl delegates to the United Nations and the Commission on the Status of Women. Together, we will elevate girls’ rights and voices at the United Nations and across the globe.
Here is just a brief look at our agenda for the day:
- WGG Girl Advocates Presentation on Girls & the MDGs
- Guest Speakers: Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, UN Women Executive Director & Amina Mohammad, UN Secretary General Special Advisor to the Post-2015 Agenda
- Breakout Sessions on the MDGs and Post-2015 Agenda
- How to use social media to effectively advocate for girls’ rights
- And much more!
Girls are key partners in the movement for gender equality.
Girls have a lot to say about what is happening to girls all over the world.
Girls are inspiring leaders and passionate activists.
Girls want to advocate for their rights – both now and in the future.
Girls are critical agents of change in their own lives and in their families and communities.
Because together, we can change the world!