The Working Group on Girls (WGG) is a coalition of over 75 national and international non-governmental organizations with representation at the United Nations dedicated to
- promoting the human rights of the girl child in all areas and stages of her life,
- advancing the inclusion and status of girls and
- assisting them to develop their full potential as women.
The activities of the WGG support the following aims:
- Advocating for the ongoing inclusion and development of girls’ rights in the work of the United Nations system and structures and in international agreements;
- Promoting the active participation of girls as agents of change in their own lives, families, communities and societies
- Ensuring that member states successfully implement their commitments to implementing girls’ rights, through monitoring national action plans, policy statements, program development, and resource allocation